Superhome Spotlight Workshop 2
This workshop focus is SuperWindows. The NZ building code window details are very poor and outdated compared to international practice and are costing kiwis our health and contributing to huge power bills.
Windows are the weakest link and like a hole in the thermal envelope.
Learn about recessed high-performance window details. SuperWindows
This is one of a series of free workshops Superhome Movement are running in Auckland on designing and building healthy and energy efficient homes.
If you are in the building industry or homeowners planning a building project and want to gain knowledge about healthy and energy efficient buildings these events are for you.
You can learn more about Superhome Movement at Superhome.co.nz
Each workshop has experts speaking on the focus topic. They are also a great way to meet individual Superhome supporters and people working in the building industry, helping to drive better building standards in New Zealand.
Location: Ellen Melville Centre, Pioneers Women's Hall, 2 Freyberg Place, Auckland Central
- Bob Burnett Architecture will share overall design principles and details including the SuperWindow recessed window details and some learnings from his study tour of UK & Europe.
- NK Windows will present on why are SuperWindows important for energy efficiency and warmth, health and comfort?
- Massey University will present a research project that monitored Superhomes and identifies the benefits of recessed SuperWindows?
- BRANZ will report on their research and testing of new window details.
- NZGBC's Sam Archer will present on how SuperWindows fit into Homestar and available credits.
- Window and Glass Association of NZ will facilitate a panel discussion.
A 15 minute panel session at the end of the workshop which will allow you to ask the evenings presenters and Panel of Superhome Experts any questions you may have.
After the workshop drinks and nibbles will be provided and a chance for you to meet and chat with the speakers and participants of the Superhome Movement.
This event will be simulcast live on Facebook
ADNZ members can claim CPD points via the members area of the ADNZ website.
NZGBC members 1 Further education (FE) point will be available to members who attend.
NZIA and other organisations please contact them directly regards CPD.
GIB, Ecopanel, NK Windows, BRANZ, Auckland Council