20 Pistacia Place, Wigram, Christchurch
This house came about three years ago when we wanted to build a demonstration home that performed better than the market standard. And so began a year long research project that across all aspects of residential building market and practices to find that balance between high performance and affordability.
- Fully insulated and water heated concrete slab
- Hot water and slab heated by Heat Pump, powered by Solar
- R5.0 Ceiling insulation, R4.0 Wall insulation, R4.5 Slab insulation
- Thermally Broken Aluminium Windows with Low E, Argon filled double glazing
- All rainwater captured and reused
- Home ventilation heat exchange system, LED lighting, 5-6 star appliances and white ware
- Construction waste reduction, increased waste diversion, 50% less waste to landfill
- Architecturally designed to capture the suns heat in winter and shade from it in summer
- 4 Star Lifemark Design
- 8 Star Home Star Design
Please see the google map below for location.
Originally founded in 1970 by John Mitchell, ESJAY Builders is a second-generation company formed in 1999. This family business has been part of the Canterbury landscape for over 20 years. All of our homes are designed in-house by Steve Mitchell who studied here in Christchurch and has designed homes in Australia and the United Kingdom where the building codes far exceed ours.
esjay.co.nzm Call (03) 3382 659