124 Bowhill Rd, New Brighton, Christchurch
This is a house designed to push the limits and explore innovative ideas. It’s the result of a 5 year journey to find the ultimate solution and a desire to showcase some of the learning and ideas we’ve formulated over the years. This house is well on its way to becoming a 10 star home and will form the platform for the next prototype home destined to exceed this one. It’s part of our commitment to keep challenging the norm of NZ housing.
- Fibre glass double glazed window joinery with argon filled Planitherm XN low E glazing
- Mechanical Heat recovery ventilation system with OM (Omoshiroi Mottainai) style solar intake,
- Grey water recovery and rain water harvesting system,
- PV solar system,
- Temperature, CO2 and moisture monitors
- Hydronic in-slab heating with passive solar circulating pump coupled with a dual heat HWC
- Knauf Jet Stream blown in insulation, Ceiling R8.6,Walls R5.4
- Proclima Intello Plus air tightness membrane
- Closed Cavity SuperBuild panel cladding system
- Charred Thermally Modified Timber (TMT) Vulcan + cladding by Abodo
- Solar operated opening skylights
- Hush Panel acoustic plywood ceilings
- Ecconex Building Management and
- Monitoring System
Please see the google map below for location.
Call (03) 390 0104
Nook is an innovative architectural design studio offering solutions to our clients in both residential and light commercial applications.
Call (03) 388-6230
Established in 2004, ZBUILT is a family owned and operated business with an outstanding reputation for quality and service.